This Greek Catholic convent, which is affilitated with the Melkite Greek Catholic Patriarchate in Jerusalem, is located in the northern part of Bethlehem, just a few metres away from the Segregation Wall. Although the Benedictines are part of the Byzantine Church, yet they are considered an autonomous Eastern congregation that was established in Algeria in 1945. They have convents all over the world with an aim to spread their mission of building a bridge between East and West. The Monastery was established in Bethlehem in 1963, where the first mass was held at the convent’s chapel. The land upon which it stands today, has a splendid view of the mountains of Jordan and the Moab Mountain. The convent’s character is inspired by the Byzantine era, and each room is adorned with religious icons, especially the icon of St. Paola who lived with St. Jerome in the grotto near the Nativity Church during the 4th century. The sisters have a workshop where they practice part of their spiritual activities in producing icons from scratch. They also practice other activities, including embroidery and making crosses.