In the beginning, the museum was only an idea developed by the Bethlehem Arab Women’s Union, when they purchased a land in 1977, with an aim to create an attraction that would promote the role of Christians in preserving Palestine’s cultural identity, and raise tourist awareness about Palestinian history, culture and heritage. However, due to lack of funding, the museum was only launched in 2012 with efforts from the Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation. The museum offers a full-fledged presentation of Bethlehem’s tangible and intangible cultural heritage, attracting both locals and tourists to indulge in a journey into Palestinian civilization. It aims to promote an in-depth understanding about the role played by Palestinian Christians in preserving Palestine’s heritage, identity and culture. The museum not only focuses on the cultural heritage of Palestine, but also on Christians of the Holy Land, the living stones who pursued the adventure for thousands of years, contributing to the many and different life aspects, including traditions, culture and the arts. Located on the Jerusalem-Hebron Road, across the street from Jacir Palace, the museum features artefacts from the Canaanite, Roman and Byzantine periods, a collection of Mother-of Pearl artefacts produced by Bethlehemites who learned the craft at the hands of Franciscan monks in the late 16th century; an olive wood collection handcrafted by a family who fled Ein Karem in 1948 and introduced the craftsmanship to Bethlehemites; a collection of original photographs for 19th century Bethlehemites; a collection of stones documenting the existence of Christians in Palestine; and a collection of Diaspora Palestinian embroidery, to name a few.